Contracted laboratory for Biomarkers
BIOANALYTICA GENOTYPE SA was established in December 2004 as a biotech startup aiming to provide specialised molecular cytogenetic research and application services to the biomedical Community.
Was funded by BIOANALYTICA SA, a leading stakeholder in the greek market for molecular diagnostics and laboratory infrastructure, and by the researcher Dr. Georgia Bardi, Associate Professor of Experimental Clinical Genetics at the Medical school of Lund University, Sweden and former Director of the Cytogenetics facility at Saint Savas Oncology hospital of Athens.
Is co-financed by the Greek General Secretariat of Research and Technology under the 3rd Community Support Program (03 Praxe 26).
Genotype Company Profile
• Established in December 2004 as a biotech startup, aiming to provide specialized molecular diagnostics, molecular cytogenetics research and application services to the biomedical community.
• The first Genetics laboratory in Greece to be certified by the National Accreditation System (ESYD) according to the requirements of the International Standard ISO 15189 and the only one having accredited most of the tests used.
TARGET PARTNERS & COLLABORATIONS
• Pharmaceutical companies performing interventional and marketing trials or seeking collaborations on pharmacogenomic projects and drug development
• CROs in need of genetic services for clinical purposes, including companion diagnostics as well as for clinical trials in Haematology-Oncology and Infectious diseases •
General Hospitals and Clinics for Oncology, Haematology, Gynaecology, Infectious diseases, Intensive Care Units, Microbiology, Cardiology, Pathology, Urology, Orthopaedic, Paediatric, specialties for diagnostic reasons.
• Diagnostic network centers & academic groups
• Medical Insurance Organizations
• Biotechnology companies/diagnostic kit manufacturers for validation of new molecular assays
• Full quality management and insured services
• Scientific excellence, high degree of specialization and established diagnostics track record
• Adherence to International Guidelines for each service
• Clinically validated and standardized NGS workflow from DNA extraction to data analysis
• State-of-the-art equipment and established reagents, including supplies from Qiagen, Illumina, Roche, Applied Biosystems, Leica, Nikon, etc
• CE-IVD certified reagents, algorithms and procedures
• Clinical-grade NGS data analysis through SOPHiATM, SOPHiA GENETICS’ collective Artificial Intelligence (AI), that detects, annotates and pre-classifies all types of genomic variants
• Facilitated genomic variants visualization and interpretation thanks to SOPHiA DDM® SaaS analytical platform, empowered by SOPHiA AI
• Get actionable information concerning solid tumors and haematological malignancies through the OncoPortalTM interface on SOPHiA DDM platform, that provides comprehensive annotations of genome-wide associations among human gene variants, disease, and drug treatment
• Access to the world's largest clinical genomics community through SOPHiA DDM platform with thousands of experts sharing knowledge in an anonymous and safe way
• Secured and encrypted genomic data storage in ISO 27001 certified data centers
• Excellent specimen handling and transportation by dedicated courier certified for biological/clinical materials
• Wide range of experimental protocols and applications based on the most recent advances in genetic analysis technologies
• Rapid analysis and result communication to enable timely utilization
• Reliability towards our collaborating partners and the final beneficiaries of the analyses
• Participation in European/International networks and workgroups on the genetic elucidation of critical diseases
• Innovation as driving force towards continuous development
• Adherence to the European legislation and Guidelines on bioethics and personal data privacy and handling
1. Karyotype/high resolution Karyotype
2. Fluorescent in situ hybridization
-Differential ‘painting’ of one or more chromosomes, or of the entire genome (multicolor-FISH)
-Differential detection of chromosome bands of one or more chromosomes (M-Band)
3. Analysis of mitotic and interphase nuclei with FISH
-With probes for repeating DNA sequences (centromeric/telomeric)
-With probes specific for chromosome or gene loci
4. DNA analysis o Next-Generation Sequencing (Illumina MiSeq and NextSeq platforms)
-Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
-Quantitative Real-Time PCR
-DNA sequencing o Pyrosequencing
-Mutation and polymorphism detection (Sanger sequencing)
5. Analysis of gene expression
-Reverse-transcriptase PCR (RT-PCR)
«BioAnalytica-GenoType S.A» provides genetic testing services to support clinical trials, research, validation of new molecular assays and drug development. «SOPHiA GENETICS», the global leader in Data-Driven Medicine, is a health tech company which has developed SOPHiA AI, the most advanced technology for clinical genomics, helping healthcare professionals better diagnose and treat patients.
Some of our more recent collaborations include the following:
• JANSSEN-CILAG INTERNATIONAL NV (Parexel international)
• THERMO-FISHER-LIFE TECHNOLOGIES
• NOVARTIS PHARMA SERVICES AG
• ROCHE HELLAS
• CIDARA Therapeutics Inc.
• ARRAY BIOPHARMA INC (ICON Clinical Resarch Espan SL)
• MILLENNIUM Pharmaceuticals Inc
• Infinity Pharmaceuticals
• CELGENE International Sarl
• ΑΒ SCIENCE
• Oncopeptides AB
• PSI CRO AG
• CORONIS RESEARCH
• PPD Global limited
• INC Res.
• Clintrax Global
• Hellenic Oncology Society
• ForHealth S.A.
• University of Athens
• Institute of Research and Technology
• Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens
• University of Crete
• University of Ioannina
BioAnalytica-Genotype SA serves the healthcare market by offering Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics tests, designed to answer questions related to diagnosis, prognosis and therapy selection for hematologic and solid tumor cancers.